“In My Mailbox” is hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren
(Feel free to use my button, please just link back to me.)
- STARTERS by Lissa Price
- FALLEN IN LOVE by Lauren Kate
- WELCOME, CALLER, THIS IS CHLOE by Shelley Coriell
- THE KINGDOM (The Graveyard Queen Series Book 2) by Amanda Stevens
- BLUE ASYLUM by Kathy Hepinstall
- A LADY CYCLIST’S GUIDE TO KASHGAR by Susan Joinson
- A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis
- TEMPEST by Julie Cross
Delacorte Books, Random House, Amulet Books, Mira, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Bloomsbury, and Soho Crime for sending me the books to review!
What did you get in your “mailbox”?
With so many fabulous YA books coming out in 2012…it’s hard to choose which ones to put on my tbr list. Below are the books that I have my eye on and why I’m interested in reading them! Of course, as the new year progresses more books will be released. I’m going to do this in sections.
Upcoming 2012 YA Books:
- INSURGENT by Veronica Roth – I LOVE Divergent. After turning the last page I can’t wait to find out what happens to Tris and Four. I haven’t been this excited about a dystopian book since The Hunger Games.
- PANDEMONIUM by Lauren Oliver – Delirium is another solid dystopian. It features great characters and a wowzer ending that had me screaming, “You gotta be kidding!”
- A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis – Across the Universe is on my list of best books for 2011. Though the mystery is somewhat predictable the world Revis created is magnificent!
- ENSHADOWED by Kelly Creagh – Varen and Isobel are one of my all-time fave couples. I read Nevermore over a year ago, but the book still lingers in my mind.
- THE IMMORTAL RULES by Julie Kagawa – Great cover! I’m so not over vampires and Kagawa’s book sounds awesome. She’s an incredible storyteller. In my opinion, the magical world she created in her Iron Fey series is by far the best since Harry Potter.
- BORN WICKED by Jessica Spotswood – Love the cover and the storyline sounds fab! Described as A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare.
- THE WAY WE FALL by Megan Crewe - Have you seen the blurb for this one? “It starts with an itch you just can’t shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you’ll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in. And then you’re dead.” Uhhh…yikes! If you’re an aspiring writer you should check out Crewe’s blog. She gives wonderful writing advice.
- TEMPEST by Julie Cross – Not only is this one of my fave covers of all time, but this book has been on my radar since I first heard about it. This time travel novel has generated mega buzz!
- THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass – Striking cover! I’m still liking the cover trend of girls in pretty dresses. The main character’s name is America Singer. It’s set in a dystopian world of glittering gowns, jewels and royalty!
- THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH by Bethany Griffin – This story about a teen girl who hangs out in a nightclub called The Debauchery Club awakens my inner Goth.
- GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers – One of my fave authors is R.L. LaFevers. I love, love, love her Theodosia Throckmorton MG series. Her debut teen novel, Grave Mercy, is a high fantasy about female assassins! Sign me up!
- SWEET EVIL by Wendy Higgins – You have to be dead to not like this sexy cover! It’s about fallen angels and demons.
- SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY by Susan Dennard – Another fave cover for 2012. It’s about zombies in Victorian England — that’s not all it’s about, but you get the picture. I’m a big fan of Dennard’s fabulous writing advice on her website. I’m following her guidelines for revising a manuscript.
- TAKE A BOW by Elizabeth Eulberg – It’s about four friends who attend a performing arts school. I’m not a big YA contemporary reader, but I got a kick out of The Lonely Hearts Club. I’m definitely reading this one!
- WHEN THE SEA IS RISING RED by Cat Hellisen – It’s about a teen girl who fakes her own death to avoid an arranged marriage within her magical world. Then something shocking washes up on the beach. Okay, you had me at hello!
Are any of these on your must read list for 2012?